The Genie® Heated Pressure Regulator is a single stage pressure regulator with a self-limiting block heater designed specifically for use in gas analyzer sample conditioning systems. Its stainless steel housing contains a piston style sensing element, increasing reliability and eliminating the chance for diaphragm rupture.
The self-limiting block heater is powered utilizing a direct power connection and prevents condensation from occurring during the pressure reduction stage as a result of Joule-Thomson cooling or low operating/ambient temperature conditions. Preventing condensation of the sample gas during pressure reduction has many benefits such as: reducing regulator freeze-ups, preserving sample integrity, and minimizing analyzer down time and maintenance costs. Since the heater does not require a controller or a specific mounting orientation, the GHR can be easily mounted in compact enclosures.
Competitive heated or vaporizing regulators rarely pre-heat the sample gas. If they do pre-heat, then the heat transfer is often insufficient. The GHR provides two stages of heating (pre & post pressure reduction) to ensure sufficient heat transfer throughout the pressure reduction process. This makes the GHR the most effective regulator on the market for preventing condensation during pressure reduction.
- Prevents condensation of the sample gas, preserving sample integrity
- Reduces regulator freeze-ups
- Minimizes analyzer down time and maintenance cost
- Self-limiting heater prevents temperature overload
- Easy to install and mount in compact enclosures
- 316 Stainless Steel housing
- Piston style sensor element
- Two stage heating technology providing highly efficient heat transfer
- CRN approved
- Heater can be supplied to meet American NEC (CSA/NRTL/FM/UL), IEC, ATEX, and GOST standards